Thai; Mains, Plats principaux, Recettes Thai
Thai Infused Mussels
The simplicity of infusing coconut milk with Thai ingredients to produce a wonderfully fragrant broth, which brings the mussels to life as a delightful starter.
- 1kg/2¼lb mussels, fresh, cleaned and de-bearded (broken or opened ones discarded)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 lemongrass stem, finely chopped
- 1/4 jar Blue Dragon Thai Green Curry Paste
- 1 can Blue Dragon Coconut Milk
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- Heat the oil in a wok or a big pan.
- Add finely chopped shallot, ginger and lemongrass and fry for 1-2 minutes until soft.
- Add the Thai green paste and fry for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Add the finely chopped chilli, mussels and coriander (keeping a table spoon of coriander back for garnish).
- Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for a further 3 minutes or until the mussels have opened.
- Serve mussels (discard any that haven't opened) with a generous amount of Thai broth and garnish with coriander.